Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

I have been praying for awhile now for a verse that I could "claim" for homeschooling my boys. There were a few I had heard here and there that I liked, but they just didn't seem like quite the right verse. Then, a couple of nights ago at my women's Bible study, we happened to be reading this verse (for a reason that was completely undrelated to homeschooling), and it JUMPED off the page at me. I really feel like this is it: Isaiah 54:13-14
"All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children's peace.
In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you."
This verse touches me deeply on two levels. First is the obvious--I so wish my sons to be taught by the Lord through me. Secondly, so many of the world events happening right now disturb me. This verse does something to just put my spirit at ease.
Thank you Heavenly Father for your promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment