Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Washington & Lincoln

We completed our President's Day unit study last week. This was a great freebie from www.homeschoolshare.com. Here are some of the components that we completed:
Famous quotes about Lincoln and Washington, Where do we find Washington or Lincoln's face?, History of President's Day, When were Lincoln and Washington born, when did they die, Vocabulary words about President's day. And, Isaac wrote his very first essay about what he would do if he were president. It was fun to see what he would come up with without my help. He wrote the following (with several spelling errors, which I had to just let go for the sake of creative writing!) "If I were president, I would let people free and let people do anything. I would fight for our country."
We read several really great books with this unit study, which included the following:


No comments:

Post a Comment